TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge Update Adds Custom Arcade Mode, CRT Filters, Here’s a Patch Note
We had a help of delicious pizza thanks to yesterday Cowabunga Collection updated, but Tortoise isn’t done yet. Dotemu and Tribute Games have released a brand new patch for the outstanding beat ’em up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge.
In the patch — now available to download on Switch — the toppings are particularly tasty. We, the nostalgics here at NL, are pretty excited about the new VCR and CRT filters that make us look like we’re actually gaming on an old, dusty video game cabinet, like like the good old days. Ahhh…
Another big addition in the latest patch is a brand new arcade mode called Custom Game. Using Dip Switches, you can create your own arcade experience by adjusting 11 different settings. So if you want to make it a little harder and stop the taunts from refilling your Ninja Strength gauge, you can do it!
One of the best games of the year even better, free? We’ll take that one! Here are the full patch notes from the game steam page:
Updated, December 22, 2022
- New Arcade Mode is here: Custom Games! Like a real arcade machine: customize your game experience using DIP switches: free to play, old school Super Attack, faster enemies, no more taunts and much more ! You can view customization in the Custom Games lobby. Progression and achievement unlocking are disabled in Custom Games.
- In the Character Selection menu, the organizer can now set the maximum number of players for the lobby.
- Added awesome filters: CRT (normal or curved) and VCR! Check them out in the Options menu.
- Fixed a rare crash in Arcade mode when changing difficulty.
- Cars can no longer deal massive damage when the player is treated as Armored (e.g. Heavy Swing charging).
- Fixed bosses sometimes being unable to reach players at the top or bottom of the level.
- Fixed bosses sometimes freezing after being hit by Raphael’s Super Flying Attack.
- Fixed Points not being kept for players when switching characters after resuming.
- Fixed April’s Super Flying Attack that sometimes seemed to revive KOed enemies.
- Fixed a bug where respawning a KO player near a transition point (e.g. escalator in Crystal Palace Shopping Center) sometimes prevented progression.
- Fixed timer updates for special states (e.g. Infinite Ninja Power) when KO or during a cutscene.
- Guest players can now rejoin the same hosted game.
- Fixed input not being evaluated correctly when choosing between Backflip or Roundoff when returning.
- Fixed a rare soft lock that occurred in the World Map if the user completed Stage 8 after finishing Stage 10.
- Taunt now only fills the first Ninja Power bar.
- We no longer remove fully accumulated Ninja Power bars when KO on Chill difficulty.
- Making a throw now grants the player invulnerability.
- Added more feedback in the HUD when trying to do a Super Attack without having enough Ninja Power.
- Many small animation tweaks have been made to all bosses, usually to make attacks easier to read.
- Fixed Dirtbag digging hole collision detection being too wide and deep.
- Reduces the number of enemies spawned in Zorax’s stampede and the frequency of trampling. Zorax also has a bit less health in the face of multiplayer.
- Rat King now does Pied Piper less often.
- Improved Super Shredder’s fight in many small ways for a smoother pacing and some damage value tweaks. However, his grip is now used more often and more effectively. What a pity!
- Improved Tyrant Statue’s speed and adjusted some damage values.
- Mother Mouser has a new bite animation to distinguish charged bites from inactive bites, giving players time to react.
- Mouser Model 3 and Mother Mouser are now running slightly faster.
- The Radial Mode damage multiplier is now applied to all tosses, Super Dive Attacks, and Charged Heavy Swings.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes repeatedly fall out of the screen when respawning, at specific locations.
- Added Refresh button to lobby search list.
- We’ve improved Arcade scoring: we now record individual players, even when they leave the game.
- Fixed or improved a few strings in Spanish, French and German.
- The game will remember if How To Play has been viewed before, separately in Story and Video modes as they are different.
- Improved prompts to reset your story and character progress.
- The pause menu in Arcade mode now shows the total playing time.
Do you need any more reasons to choose this near-perfect nostalgia fix? What do you think about a brilliant 9/10 rating from us?
Will you try the new custom mode? Or are you ready for Shredder’s Revenge to look like the perfect Saturday morning cartoon? Let us know!