Streaming users have spent a lot of time with Game of Thrones universe next week Dragon’s Houses premiere – but more with the original series than a prequel.
Game of Thrones topped the series chart – and third of all – for the week of August 22-28 with 909 million minutes watched on HBO Max. Dragon’s House followed the first night explosion with 327 million watch minutes with 741 million for the whole week, with most of that catching up on the first episode. Nielsen’s streaming ratings measure a week from Monday to Sunday, meaning just a few hours of streaming the second episode on August 28 is a fraction of the total.
Still, Dragon’s House is the first currently running show to have topped the Nielsen streaming chart in over two years. (It was “acquired” because Nielsen considers the cable channel HBO to be the main base for the HotD, although both it and HBO Max are part of Warner Bros. Discovery.) It also entered the chart with just two episodes under its belt; different from the preschool program Cocolon (18 episodes), every other series in the show’s top 10 is required to have at least 62 episodes.
By Netflix Echo topped both the overall chart and the original movie chart for the week with 1.12 billion minutes watched. The thriller stars Michelle Monaghan, playing identical twins who frequently swap lives – until one of them goes missing. Disney+’s She-Hulk: Lawyer charted in its second week of release, ranking 9th among originals with 390 million minutes. By Hulu There are only murders in the building (578 million minutes) improved by 39 percent during the week of the second season finale.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings include TV viewing only and do not include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The rating only measures US audiences, doesn’t measure audiences in other countries, and currently includes only Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video. Here are Nielsen’s top streaming video series from August 22 to 28.
first. Echo (Netflix), 1.12 billion minutes watched
2. Strange things (Netflix), 890 million VND
3. Sand sellers (Netflix), 681 million won
4. There are only murders in the building (Hulu), 578 million
5. Locke & Key (Netflix), 518 million won
6. Not to mention (Netflix), 485 million won
7. Virgin River (Netflix), 471 million won
8. I have never (Netflix), 433 million won
9. She-Hulk: Lawyer (Disney +), 390 million won
ten. Light up (Netflix), 336 million won
first. Game of Thrones (HBO Max), 909 million minutes
2. NCIS (Netflix), 770 million won
3. Dragon’s House (HBO Max), 741 million won
4. Cocolon (Netflix), 677 million won
5. Bluey (Disney +), 615 million won
6. The Big Bang Theory (HBO Max), 606 million won
7. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 567 million won
8. Friend (HBO Max), 460 million won
9. Break (Netflix), 397 million won
ten. Black list (Netflix), 392 million won