‘Sky Oceans: Wings For Hire’ Is a Skystrip of Arcadia-inspired JRPGs About to Transform
PQube and Octeto Studios today revealed an all-new JRPG set in the open skies, as we get our first look at… Sky Oceans: Wings for rent will be “coming soon” for the Nintendo Switch.
This one wears it Arcadian sky inspiration proud of its wings (still waiting for that Switch remake, by the way). You take on the role of Glenn Windwalker (great name), the captain of a group of sky pirates who have embarked on the adventure of a lifetime. There are various islands to explore both on the ground and in the sky as you recruit your crew and serve their individual strengths for the best results in battle.
It looks like these battles take place in turn-based strategic air battles, where you can choose to rush into combat and shoot at your enemies or spend your time dodging oncoming attacks. From what we’ve seen in the announcement trailer above, this combat mode definitely looks like a fun way to handle air battles, and we’re excited to see more.
For a little more info on Sky Oceans and a closer look at some of the screenshots, check out the following from PQube:
– Relive the Golden Age of Classic JRPGs with a moving, heartfelt story about finding purpose and building lasting friendships.
– Become the captain of a Rag-tag crew of Sky Pirates! – As the head of your crew, you must recruit new members and secure enough resources for your fleet!
– Stylish, strategic turn-based dogfights! – Plan your attacks and adjust your strategy as you clash with enemies in the open blue sky!
– Collect resources and upgrade your airship! – Upgrade your crew with new special abilities as you progress through a winding story! Manage resources and expand your spaceship division as new characters join your pirate crew.
– A beautiful Ghibili-Esque world, filled with wonder – Stunning visuals inspired by Japanese animation create diverse environments and memorable character designs. Discover new towns and cultures, and help solve local problems to earn their support and loyalty.
– Original orchestral score – A beautifully choreographed original soundtrack will accompany you throughout your journey.
We don’t have a definite release date yet when this will land on Switch, but we’ll be sure to update you as soon as “coming soon” becomes something a bit more specific.