WayForward’s half-god hero Shantae is currently celebrating her 20th birthday. Yes, she’s been around for two decades!
The character was originally created by Erin and Matt Bozon in 2002 – starting life on the Game Boy Color. While her first outing wasn’t the most financially successful due to the popularity of the GBA at the time, she was able to return in 2010 in Shantae’s Risky Revenge.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary WayForward has shared the following message:
“Today 20 years ago, Shantae’s original game was released on Game Boy Color, and a fan-favorite series was born! Thank you so much for your support of #20YearsOfShantae, and we do. I can’t wait to see where she’s going in the next 20 years!”
As part of these celebrations, there’s also a Switch eShop sale going on right now. Everything Shantae is up to 50% off. Here is the summary (via Nintendo Everything):
– Shantae – $4.99 / £5.24
– Shantae: Outfit Pack (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Friends to the End (DLC) – $3.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – $13.90/£7.99
– Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition – $14.99 / £10.94
– Shantae: Pirate’s Queen Quest (DLC) – $4.99
– Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut – $4.99 / £3.79
– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $9.99 / £7.29
– Shantae and the Seven Sirens – $17.99 / £15.11
Do you have any fond memories of Shantae? Would you pick up any games while they were on sale? Let us know below.