Recall: Harmony Play & Go Playard Cradle, change tables
Health Canada has issued a recall notice for a variety of cribs and diaper changing tables for Harmony Play & Go Playard products due to potential suffocation and entrapment risks.
The company reports that approximately 84,000 units of the affected product were sold in Canada between March 2020 and July 2022.
Affected products include:
- Bassinet and Dressing Table: Harmony Play & Go Playard all-in-one (model: 801006NTL; black)
- Bassinet and Dressing Table: Harmony Play & Go Complete LT Playard (model: 08LT013BGY; black)
- Bassinet and Change Table: Harmony Play & Go Complete Playard (model: 0801012BGY; black)
- Bassinet and Change Table: Harmony Play & Go Complete Playard (Model: 0801014GGY; grey)
- Bassinet: Harmony Play & Go Deluxe Playard (model: 0801001PXL; Color: gray/blue)
- Bassinet: Harmony Play & Go Deluxe Playard (model: 0801005MGL; Color: black/pink mix)
The recalled products were sold with serial numbers 000100010001 through 00440001000. Play products sold without cribs and/or diaper changing tables are not included in this voluntary recall.
According to Health Canada, if the crib structural supports are not properly positioned or assembled, it can create an uneven sleeping surface and pose a potential risk of injury or even death. died from asphyxiation. In addition, it can pose similar risks of entrapment if the child is left unattended in the crib or playground while the diaper changing table accessory is installed, contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions, if the child Try to lift the diaper changing table.
As of November 15, there have been no reports of incidents or injuries related to the affected products in Canada.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF THERE IS A RETURNED PRODUCT?
If you have a recalled product, do not use it without the accompanying cradle structural supports. You can contact Harmony for a free kit that eliminates the possibility of removing the support bars.
Consumers are also advised to immediately remove and dispose of dressing table straps and to discontinue using the instructions for changing tables. Consumers can contact Harmony for up-to-date instructions on the change board to continue using the accessory.
Health Canada has also asked Canadians to report any health or safety incidents associated with the use of this product.
Reporting for this story was paid for through the Meta-funded Afghan Journalists Project in Residence.