Lifestyle

New York Manhattan hotel evacuated overnight due to high carbon dioxide levels


NEWYORK — A hotel in Midtown had to be evacuated overnight due to high levels of carbon dioxide.

Just before 3 a.m. Monday, about 15 people were forced out of the New York Manhattan hotel on West 32nd Street.

Police said high levels of carbon dioxide were detected, and there were concerns about a possible gas leak.

Several tourists from Barcelona, ​​Spain said they were startled awake by emergency personnel.

“We were sleeping, in the middle of the night they knocked on the door. I thought it was a gas,” Olga Matas said.

The incident was attributed to a nearby manhole fire.

FDNY and Con Edison reacted to the scene.



Source link

news5s

News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button