Missing High School Football Player Found, and Arrested on Suspicion of Murder

The search for a missing high school soccer player in Washington state ended with good news on Friday when authorities said he had been found — but now, in an unexpected turn, Police say the 16-year-old is suspected of murder.

The Olympia High School student, who The Daily Beast did not name because he was a minor, disappeared on his way to Wednesday’s soccer practice, and the bets were immediate. was in place when the police informed that his car had been abandoned in a state of “suspicious case.”

According to local broadcaster KIRO 7, blood was found inside his car and his mobile phone was shattered on the ground.

Police said he was seen walking alone down the street on the evening of the same day he was reported missing by his family, only adding to the mystery.

After an extensive search, the community was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief Friday morning, when the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office announced the boy had been found the night before and safely returned to his home. family.

But now, authorities say a 51-year-old man was found dead with a gunshot wound just hours before the missing footballer was identified on Thursday — and both the teen and Another 16-year-old is both suspected in the murder.

According to the Pierce County Sheriff’s office, which did not name minor suspects, two teenagers were arrested late Friday and placed in a juvenile detention facility on suspicion of a crime. second degree murder, theft and gun possession. Reservations for Pierce County showed the missing teen was listed as one of two minors arrested on those charges late Friday.

No further details were immediately available about what led police to suspect the two teenagers, but the sheriff’s office said in a statement. Press Release they had “enough evidence of probable cause” to make arrests.

Police have yet to identify the 51-year-old shooting victim, but say they believe he knows the missing teen is now a suspect in his murder.

The man was found in his home in Orting when officials searched his home after someone reported him absent from work. Detectives and forensic investigators concluded that the man had been dead for at least 24 hours before the horrifying discovery on Thursday.

Source link


News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button