Nintendo announced in September that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course DLC was coming this holiday season, and now the company has revealed that we’ll be getting eight tracks on December 7. check out the Wave 3 trailer in the tweet below:
Start your engine! Wave 3 of #MarioKart 8 Deluxe – Enhanced Course Tickets Coming on Dec 7th! Available to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members at no extra cost or exclusively for paid DLC. pic.twitter.com/lbhHsbpf7L
– Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) November 21, 2022
As you can see, Wave 3 features some returning classics from previous Mario Kart releases as well as some from Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo’s mobile phone continuation of the series. Here’s what to expect in this new wave next month:
- Tour around London – Defeat your opponents as you glide past familiar landmarks and take first place in this British-inspired course rooted in mobile gaming Mario Kart Tour.
- Lake GBA Boo – Get your feet wet on this spooky, Boo-filled track set in a haunted lake on this track that originates from Mario Kart: Super Circuit!
- 3DS Rocky Mountain – Careful, sharp turns and lots of bouncing rocks on this high altitude track. Here’s a climbing tip: Climb through a vertical tube to blow some wind into your sails!
- Wii . Maple – Jump through the fall foliage and race through the giant trees on this track from Mario Kart Wii – don’t disturb the Wigglers enjoying their autumn walk!
- Berlin Byway Tour – Watch out for bumps and bumps as you cycle around the beautiful sights on the track that originates from Mario Kart Tour.
- Heritage of the Peach Garden – Birds chirping, Chain Chomps swaying and fields of flowers bloom in this courtyard set against the vast gardens of Peach’s castle from Mario Kart DS! Can you spot all the familiar topics?
- happy mountain – Hit half a pipe and climb the snow-covered hills on this captivating carnival track from Mario Kart Tour There are giant candies and lots of wrapped presents. And… is that a flying sled?
- Rainbow Road 3DS – Look up at the sky – it’s… Mario! Rainbow Road winds and twists around many asteroids in celestial orbits originating from mario kart 7 on Nintendo 3DS.
When Wave 3 launches on December 7, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have 24 additional tracks, and another 24 will be released. Each batch includes eight tracks, and Nintendo will release six batches of DLC in total, with the final batch releasing the game before the end of 2023.
The original story continues below…
Original story, 9/13/22:
We’re rapidly approaching the midpoint of Card content through Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s enhanced course. With two of the six promised waves of new courses already out, Nintendo has begun to showcase what players can expect with the third batch, due out this holiday season. In today’s Nintendo Direct, we took the first two courses in the third wave of eight courses of new tracks.
Fittingly, the first course we learned about Batch 3 of the Intensive Course Ticket was Merry Mountain. This holiday-themed track makes its debut on the Mario Kart Tour in 2020 as part of the Winter Tour. Meanwhile, for those looking for something non-holiday themed, Nintendo is also bringing in Peach Gardens, a soundtrack that first appeared in Mario Kart DS in 2005.
Season 1 brought in fan favorites like Coconut Mall (Wii), Choco Mountain (N64) and Sky Garden (GBA), while Season 2 gave us access to routes like Kalimari Desert (N64 ), Mario Circuit 3 (SNES) and Mushroom Gorge (Wiii). Each batch also gives us two tracks from the Mario Kart Tour, with Batch 2 also including a brand new track in the Sky-High Sundae.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 3 is expected to launch this holiday season.