News

Iran nuclear site cameras turned off, according to report


State television reported that Iran removed two International Atomic Energy Agency surveillance cameras from one of its nuclear facilities on Wednesday, in a move likely to increase tensions. directly with the United Nations nuclear watchdog.

“So far, the IAEA has not only been ungrateful for Iran’s extensive cooperation, but has also considered it an obligation. As of today, the relevant authorities have ordered the closure of the Meter’s surveillance cameras. online enrichment (OLEM)”. TV said.

The report does not identify the site. Iran is currently enriching uranium at both the Fordo and Natanz underground nuclear sites.

The US, UK, Germany and France have submitted to the United Nations nuclear watchdog a draft resolution criticizing Iran for not responding adequately to the watchdog’s questions about traces of uranium at nuclear sites. location undeclared, it was reported on Tuesday.

The submission of the text, seen by Reuters and little changed from a draft circulated last week, means it will be debated and voted on at the quarterly meeting of the 35-nation’s Council of Governors. International Atomic Energy Agency.

Some diplomats said the resolution was likely to pass easily despite Iran’s warnings of retaliation and the consequences that could further undermine already stalled talks on denuclearization. study the 2015 Iran nuclear deal. Iran’s ally Russia opposes such a resolution.

The text of the draft resolution that was submitted said the panel “expressed grave concern that safeguards issues related to these three undeclared sites remain as a result of the active cooperation Iranian substance, despite numerous agency interactions.”

The text also said the board “calls on Iran to act on an urgent basis to fulfill its legal obligations and, without delay, to accept the request of the Director-General (IAEA) to join further to clarify and address all outstanding safeguards issues.”

Negotiations to extend a nuclear deal are on hold

Their aim is to bring both countries back into full compliance with the agreement after the US withdrawal and reimposition of sanctions in 2018 caused Iran to breach many of the agreement’s limits on its nuclear activities. of this country.

“Those who promote an anti-Iran solution at the IAEA will be held accountable for all consequences,” Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian said on Twitter Sunday in a message about the talks.

A photo taken on November 10, 2019, shows an Iranian flag in Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power plant. The United States, Britain, Germany and France have submitted to the United Nations nuclear watchdog a draft resolution criticizing Iran for not responding adequately to the watchdog’s questions about traces of uranium at sites. points are not declared. (Atta Kenare/AFP via Getty Images)

Last week, Amirabdollahian said any political action by the United States and its three European allies at the IAEA “will inevitably receive a proportionate, effective and immediate response from Iran.”

Iran entered into a multi-party nuclear deal in 2015, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, in which Iran was granted sanctions waivers in exchange for a pledge to limit its uranium enrichment. In 2018, the United States under Donald Trump withdrew the United States from the accord, to the destruction of its European allies, who also signed it.

Negotiations between Iran and the West to restart the accord have been ongoing since Joe Biden became president, but appear to have hit a snag in March and have not resumed.



Source link

news5s

News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button