Sports

Gennadiy Golovkin says Canelo Alvarez is “out of touch with reality”


Via Sean Jones: Gennadiy Golovkin believes Canelo Alvarez doesn’t match reality with the way he raised his hand with what he thinks was the victory in his last match against Dmitry Bivol last May.

Golovkin (42-1-1, 37 KOs) will challenge Canelo (57-2-2, 39 KOs) for his undisputed super-middleweight title next Saturday, September 17th on DAZN PPV at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

As far as Golovkin is concerned, there was no doubt that Bivol, the WBA lightweight champion, beat Canelo in that bout. He feels that Canelo thinks the world revolves around him.

Golovkin, like so many, wondered why it took Canelo so long to rematch him.

On the one hand, Canelo criticizes the opposition he’s been competing against in the past four years since their rematch, and he’s not fighting the dangerouss at 168 and 175.

Golovkin noted that Canelo chose not to face David Benavidez at 168 or Artur Beterbiev at 175, which says a lot about him.

Without a doubt, Golovkin hasn’t fought the 160-year-old killers in the past four years, but Canelo has no exception to the match against Bivol, which he lost.

Golovkin says if he wins this fight, there could be a rematch with Canelo. If not, he says he has some other business ventures that he will talk about later.

Given Canelo’s record of winning controversial decisions, it’s possible Golovkin will need to knock him out like Bivol did for him to win if he can’t take him down.

It would have been better if the fight of the trio had been held in a neutral location, but Canelo is on the A side. He’s the one calling for hits for the skirmish, and of course, he won’t have any. any chance by having the third match against GGG be held at a neutral venue.

“Many people ask this question, and many do not understand. I guess it was just his position, and he was saying, ‘You said something.’ I am not talking about him at all,” Gennadiy Golovkin told Clobberin time when asked why Canelo Alvarez thinks he doesn’t like him.

“What I say is just the truth. He likes when people say flattering things. That’s the difference. I think if someone is honest and honest, it should be taken as a compliment.

“Perhaps it was his strategy to blame me and call me ‘Two-Faceed’ instead. I know I don’t. We all know there has been an official ruling, and whatever is being said is just the truth,” said Golovkin, seemingly alluding to Canelo’s positive test result for clenbuterol.

“We all know what happened, how he avoided this fight and he went to court,” Golovkin said in response to Canelo saying he fought the opposition better than he did. us for the past four years.

“We had a rematch clause, and he was still out of contract,” Golovkin said. “If he says he has the toughest fighters if we look at those weight classes if we look at 168, why not [David] Benavidez? If we look at 175, why not [Artur] Betterbiev?

“So again, that’s kind of hypocritical, I’ll say all his cunning, and I think we need to learn, whatever he says, it’s not always it’s also true.

“I don’t know what he’s talking about, and I don’t want to speak for him. We have seen his behavior in press conferences. We saw him raise his arm after his last fight [against Dmitry Bivol]probably believe he won.

It just shows that he has lost touch with reality and that he was spinning in his own world.

Golovkin said: “Unifying 168 will be great. I would say it motivates me more as an athlete,” Golovkin said of his ability to become the undisputed super-middleweight champion if he beats Canelo.

“For Canelo, as I said, losses, of course, will also be good. For me, it’s not personal. It was just another fight in my career. So that would just be a nice bonus.

“At the same time, if we look at his last match, Bivol won, and it didn’t change much Bivol. It was just a big reward for Bivol winning that fight.

“I am really happy about how I feel right now. I feel great, and that’s part of my career. To train hard to give all I have in me to be as dedicated as possible.

“The only difference is probably how I approach it and how I control it,” Golovkin said of his going from 160 to 168 for the Canelo trio.

“For me to earn 160, it’s not easy sometimes. I will wear a weight loss suit for a few days to lose more water. This time around perhaps, it probably doesn’t need to be done.

“The last two or three days will probably be different. Well, no excuses this time around. I’m really satisfied with those matches [Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Gabriel Rosato] despite how I felt at the time, and I’m satisfied with the result.

“It’s won both times, and at the same time, I don’t want to make any excuses. I am happy with the current feeling. I am working according to our plan. Of course, there are certain nuances, but overall, I’m very satisfied with my current state.

“First of all, I don’t want to belittle our first two matches [with Canelo]. Both are fun, engaging battles, and they’ve gone down in history and such.

“I hope our third war will go down in history as an interesting one, and at the same time, the third war must not erase the first two battles, the results and the actual battles.

“Of course, I hope I win the third game, and the referees won’t be able to influence the situation. I hope the jury will be fair and fair. I can only hope. So we’ll see how it plays out.

“I will not compare the rivalry between Marquez-Pacquiao and ours. The only thing similar is that those are the great battles that have gone down in history. I hope our matches, all the fights, will be as great and historic as those.

“It’s hard to say for me. I don’t know what he does in training right now. I don’t know how he feels,” Golovkin said when it was learned that Canelo’s punch output had been steadily decreasing in some of his most recent bouts.

“I would say 175 is probably the hardest weight class for him, and his training methods have certain flaws that lead to that result. That is a question for him. What excuses will he find, and how does he get out of it this time around?

“The numbers speak for themselves. Speaking of our match, this weight category is more comfortable for him, and plus, he believes it’s personal. I’ll say, and it’s for both of us, we’ll hit the gas all the way and go.

“I think I’ve had an excellent career. I’ve got a lot of achievements and I’m very happy with my legacy,” said Golovkin when told if he plans to retire after the Canelo trio.

“I am in the Guinness Book of Records for the most kills in the middleweight division, and the most number of belt defenses. I have some plans, good plans, interesting plans after this war.

“Let’s discuss them later because of this fight, there might be a rematch or something. This question is for later,” says Golovkin.

Videos on YouTube



Source link

news5s

News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button