Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters will finally arrive on PlayStation and Switch next year
Square Enix announced Final Fantasy pixel remasters of the first six games of the series last Juneand in about eight months, each of those remakes hit the PC platform. Fans have been waiting since that announcement to reveal the console versions of these remasters, and finally, Square Enix has disclosure that all six will come to PlayStation and Switch next year.
More specifically, these pixelated remakes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Switch sometime in spring 2023. Each of these games can be purchased individually or together as bundles and limited physical editions. will also be available on the same day. Here’s a look at what to expect in Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster: 35th Anniversary Edition FF:
- Final Fantasy I-VI Collection – physical collection of all games for PS4 or Nintendo Switch
- Commemorative Edition Merchandise Box
- A bonus lenticular sleeve for the game pack
- 2-disc vinyl set featuring newly arranged game music with exclusive cover art by Kazuko Shibuya
- A specially compiled art book showcasing beautiful character pixel art
- Eight stylized pixel art characters in window packaging
This version of the game is only available on the Square Enix Store and its first batch is already sold out (although you can join the waitlist here)
The company says “a small number of standard physical versions [of the collection] will also be available exclusively at the Square Enix Store from Spring 2023,” but notes that quantities will be “extremely limited” so if you’re interested, you should pre-order.
For more information on each of these pixel fixes, visit Square Enix blog post. Payment procedures Our ratings of every major Final Fantasy game to find out where Final Fantasy I-VI is on our list afterwards.
Would you choose this remaster pixel collection? Let us know in the comments below!