Gameloft’s charming, warm life sim Disney Dreamlight Valley captured more than ‘A Little Spark’ in the imagination. And now the game has received a sizable update that aims to improve the experience and fix some minor bugs and issues that players are experiencing.
We reported on some fixes that Gameloft has been working on over the past few weeks, but this patch aims to catch a few more, along with changes to the balance and loot tables.
Here are the full patch notes from official website:
Updated, September 15, 2022
Happy patch day Valley Villagers!
We’re just shy of a week after the Early Access launch, and we’re excited to share with you the first patch for Disney Dreamlight Valley. We’ve listened carefully to your feedback shared via social media, Discord, and through Customer Care, and we’ve addressed many known issues in this patch. While the patch is currently in the process of being released to all players (please ensure you are connected to the Internet to receive this patch), it may take up to 2 hours to receive the patch on your device. We recommend checking back often if you don’t see it available yet.
For cross-device players with cross-save: Make sure all the platforms you play on are up to date before switching devices to prevent any further issues.
Please see the detailed list below of what to expect from today’s patch:
Adjusted spawn rate and loot table for sparkling buried items:
– Increased respawn timer range.
– Reduced the minimum and maximum number of glitter items to spawn at a given time for each biome.
– Added Dream Shards to the rewards loot table.
– Each sparkling buried item has a chance to spawn 1-2 Night Shards or 1-2 Dream Shards.
Loot table adjusted to feed creatures:
– Removed Flowers from the loot table.
– Add Dream Shards to the loot table when feeding creatures something they “like”. Previously, the Dream Shard could only be obtained from feeding creatures what they “favored”.
The loot table adjusted to clear Night Thorns:
– Reduces the chance of Charcoal dropping.
– Increased chance of dropping Dream Shards.
– Fixed bug #7, which caused some players to have the game crash on the loading screen if they quit the game while having the “Well Fed” buff effect.
– Fixed an account not syncing issue that occurred when selecting Back to title screen on Epic Games Store.
– Fixed an issue that prevented some users from being synced from their profiles due to connection lag.
– Improved ability to reconnect online while playing.
– Improved Founders Bundle bonus claims accuracy, bonus level is missing. We will continue to monitor this issue and explore other fixes as needed. If you get this error: Please completely close the game and restart the game when connected to the internet, then check your inbox for new messages containing your missing items.
User Interface and Experience:
– Increase text font size on Switch.
– Speed up menu loading.
– Reduce the frequency of problems on Switch. Additional optimizations will be available in future updates.
– Fixed an issue with quest items not appearing in Scrooge McDuck’s Store. If you get this error: Item will not appear in Scrooge McDuck’s Shop, but will appear in a random, unlocked location outside in the village as a backup. If you have difficulty locating the item, please contact Customer Care.
– Fixed an issue with WALL · E’s “The Shy Little Robot” quest involving fire extinguishers not working correctly. If you get this error: You can find a fire extinguisher waiting for you inside Scrooge McDuck’s Store.
– Fixed an issue with a quest item from Donald Duck’s “A House Fit for a Duck” quest spawning in an inaccessible part of his house.
– Fixed an issue with Scrooge McDuck’s “Scooge McDuck’s Grand Re-open” quest, where flower pot crafting was not working correctly. If you get this error: You can find other flower pots just outside the Scrooge McDuck Store. Get rid of them using the Edit Stuff mode to craft with them.
– Fixed an issue where quest items were stuck at the bottom of the Mystic Cave on the beach.
– Fixed an issue where Goofy’s “Fishing Expedition” quest completion wouldn’t work correctly if the player’s inventory was full.
– Fixed an issue where Memories Fragments appeared in an inaccessible part of Merlin’s Dreamlight Library.
– Fixed an issue with Elsa’s “Feel at home” quest where the Sparkling Herring could be caught too early in the mission. If you get this error: You can now catch another Sparkling Herring. The remaining person will be deleted at the end of the mission.
Customization (House, Valley, Avatar):
– Fixed an issue where chests placed in the player’s house might disappear when adding a new room. If you get this error: Add a new crafting chest to your house. Your items that have disappeared will reappear here.
– Fixed an issue where players importing clothes from the Avatar Designer could not change their clothes or the clothes appeared in the background.
– Fixed an issue where some rewards from Star Path would be available to receive in areas of the game they weren’t intended for.
– Fixed an issue with Ariel’s Sponge Cloak (Friendship Reward) where it was displayed as hidden.
– Fixed an issue where players could not cook on the Oven and Hood given by Remy (Friendship Reward).
– Modified Miguel motif.
Earlier today, Gameloft also revealed that Disney Dreamlight Valley has welcomes more than 1 million residents to the lovely little Disney world. And we are sure that Gameloft will work to develop the game so that it is more than necessary. And it is already!
Last week, Disney revealed that Woody and Buzz from Toy Story are coming to the Valley! You can check out all of the Disney announcements from Disney and the Marvel Showcase below:
Are you playing Disney Dreamlight Valley? You’ve got a friend among us, so share your thoughts on the game in the comments!