Business

Depends on new condensate mining by year end


NEW DELHI: Reliance Industries Ltd The KG-D6 block of deepwater MJ gas condensate in the Bay of Bengal will be put into operation by the end of this year, bringing natural gas production to 30% of India’s total production.
Sanjay Roy, senior vice president in charge of exploration and production, said: “The MJ gas condensate field project is well underway, for the first gas production later this year. Dependence Industries Ltd, at an investor’s call posted an announcement of the company’s second-quarter earnings.
MJ is the third and final of the discoveries Reliance and partner bp are developing in the offshore east. Both will use an open sea floating production system in the Bay of Bengal to deliver the deepest gas production in the KG-D6 block.
“The offshore installation operation has been completed. So the undersea production system has been installed. The Phase II drilling and completion campaign is currently underway and we have completed a well, after We are on track to complete seven wells,” said Roy.
The FPSO Ruby, built by Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea, is currently moored in Kakinada, India after completing sea trials and commissioning the hull and flanks.
Upon receipt of the necessary approvals and loading of materials, the vessel will move to a field site on the Krishna Godavari Basin Area to perform hook-up, offshore testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. test practice.
“We just finished sea trials on that FPSO and now it is ready to go to this site in the next few days,” he said. “The next set of activities will include hook-up operations, offshore trials, pre-commissioning and commissioning, and then the first gas-producing hydrocarbons expected later this year. now.”
Reliance and bp are spending about $5 billion on three separate development projects in the KG-D6 block – R-Cluster, Satellite Cluster and MJ – which together are expected to produce about 30 million cubic meters of standard natural gas every day by 2023.
The R-Cluster started production in December 2020 and the Satellite Cluster went live in April last year. While Cluster R has a plateau gas output of about 12.9 mmscmd, the Satellite Cluster will have a peak output of 6 mmscmd. The MJ field will have a peak output of 12 mmscmd.
According to Roy, the combined gas output from Cluster R and Satellite Cluster reached more than 19 mmscmd during the period from July to September.
To date, Reliance has made 19 gas detections in the KG-D6 block. Of these, D-1 and D-3 – the two largest – entered production in April 2009, and MA, the only oil field in the block, entered production in September 2008.
While the MA field ceased production in 2019, production from D-1 and D-3 ceased in February 2020. Other discoveries were abandoned or stripped by the government due to failure to meet production start times. export. The reservoirs of MJ are located about 2000 meters below the D1-D3 gas field.
Reliance holds 66.67% of the operating interest in KG-D6, with bp holding the remaining 33.33%.

news5s

News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button