Surprise! For the first time in two decades, there is a Mustang pattern to elves and turned furiously. Unexpectedly revealed after the rest of the redesigned lineup, 2024 Ford Mustang The Dark Horse became the seventh-generation’s most powerful, focused high-performance Mustang (at least until the Shelbys started showing up). Ford says engineers worked for more than three years to create what they say is “Mustang capable of running the streets and the track.”
“We took the all-new Mustang, the best of our new 5.0-liter V8, while adding more power, improving the air, tyres, steering and offering a single chamber. interactive driving to create a Mustang that outstrips any 5.0-liter Mustang. before that,” said Ed Krenz, Ford Mustang nameplate chief engineer.
However, instead of exaggerating, let’s flip through the bullet points to give you all the details and everything there is to know about the Mustang Dark Horse.
- Dark Horse is equipped with a 5.0-liter Coyote V8 engine with a capacity of more than 500 horsepower. That number could be around 20 higher than the GT.
- Modifications to the Dark Horse Coyote include piston connecting rods that first appeared on the latest GT500 and a dual throttle body design to draw in more air.
- A unique, lighter radiator, more powerful fans and an auxiliary engine oil cooler help emphasize that the Dark Horse is designed to hit the track.
- A six-speed manual transmission is standard. It is manufactured by Tremac and has a special 3D printed titanium sphere.
- Take a look at the manual and you’ll be much cooler. The same goes for the gearbox as it has a special oil cooler.
- Optional is a 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Chassis, brake and tire upgrades
- Unique chassis tweaks include a larger rear swing bar and heavy-duty front shock absorbers.
- MagneRide magnetically controlled adaptive dampers are standard.
- Steering has been enhanced with new lightweight strut tower struts and K struts.
- Torsen standard rear differential.
- Brembo 19 inch six piston brake with 13.9-inch propellers at the front. Rears was not mentioned in the press release.
- Staggered wheels (19 inches x 9.5 inches front; 19 inches x 10 inches rear) come with Pirelli P Zero tires.
- The optional Handling Package adds stiffer springs, even larger front and rear swing bars, and wider rim Pirelli Trofeo tires (19×10.5 front, 19×11 rear).
- Late availability option of carbon fiber wheels from Carbon Revolution.
Exterior and aerodynamics
- “Dark, bold graphics” surround the dark headlights…or some dark gray trim that sits under the lights like tough black eyes. The grille is unique and gives off a strong vibe with its glossy black outline and trapezoidal “noses”. A unique bumper includes what Ford calls “high-gloss fangs.” Grrrrrr.
- The rear sees a large diffuser, four dark exhaust tips and a fixed rear spoiler.
- Special Dark Horse badges appear on the fenders, trunk, and door sills. A classic, dark Pony badge remains on the front. Mustang designer Joel Piaskowski says this is the first time the Mustang has been directly depicted on the badge. Put it in your pocket, trivia fans.
- Dark Horse has a unique Blue Ember metallic paint, and optional Brembo Notorious Blue brake calipers with the Grabber Blue logo.
- Thicker handlebars with flat bottoms. Upholstered in suede and accented with Bright Indigo Blue stitching. It has a drive mode button.
- Contrasting blue stitching on the door and seat panels, gearshift paddles and center console. There are also blue seat belts.
- A Dark Horse Appearance Pack first dives into blue textures with Deep Indigo Blue leather seats with a unique hole pattern.
- Special “Black Alley” metallic dark interior.
- Standard B&O Sound System
Sports racing version
- Ford will offer two race-specific versions: the Mustang Dark Horse S for the weekend racers and the Dark Horse R for the track.
- Both are stripped-down versions of the street-legal version with non-essential parts removed and the addition of a safety cage, netting, racing seats and racing steering wheel.
- It includes upgraded brakes and Multimatic DSSV dampers.