Chris Rock is known to have shared that he turned down an invitation to host the Oscars next year
It’s been months since the incident between Will Smith and Chris Rock happened at the Oscars. However, details related to the case continue to arise. Chris Rock recently shared with a crowd that he’s been invited back to the show next year, but this time as a host.
Follow Republic of Arizona, Sunday night, Chris took to the stage at the Arizona Financial Theater in downtown Phoenix when he shared that he had received an offer to return to the Oscars ceremony next year as a host. submit. However, he told the audience he turned down the offer and compared returning to an award show to someone who returned to a crime scene.
The local newspaper went on to share that Chris was referring to the OJ Simpson murder case, and said that returning to the Oscars was like asking Nicole Brown Simpson to “go back to the restaurant.”
The newspaper also shared that Chris briefly discussed the incident during his time performing on stage and shared how painful it was, saying,
“He is older than me. The state of Nevada will not punish a war between me and Will Smith. “
Also during the performance in Phoenix, Chris also shared that he received an offer to do an advertisement for the Super Bowl, but he also turned down the opportunity. It is not mentioned which brand contacted him about the advertisement.
Like before reported, last month, Will Smith appeared on camera for the first time since the Oscars incident and issued another apology to Chris Rock.
In a video shared on his social platforms, Will said, “I was frustrated at the time. All is blurry. I contacted Chris and the message was sent back that he was not available to talk, and when that happens, he will be in touch. So I’ll tell you Chris, I’m sorry, my behavior is unacceptable and I’m here when you’re ready to talk. “
There is still no word on whether the two have spoken since Will’s last apology.
TSR EMPLOYEE: Jade Ashley @ Jade_Ashley94