Airport staff sucked into engine, warned to stay

One Alabama airport work and the mother-of-three was sucked into the plane’s engine, creating a collision so violent that it shook the entire plane and killed her after she was repeatedly warned to stay away aircraft engine.

Courtney EdwardsThe 34-year-old in Alabama has since been identified as the ground handling worker who was killed in a crash at Montgomery Regional Airport on New Year’s Eve, according to the report. New York Post Office.

Airline worker dies after being sucked into plane engine, despite warnings not to get too close

A preliminary report from the National Transportation Safety Board released Monday found that before her death, a co-worker noticed Edwards was nearly knocked over by jet exhaust, sending him flying warned her to keep her distance until the engine was completely turned off. down.

Another ground worker on the other side of the jet backed away after a pilot leaned out a window and told him the engines were still running.

According to the report, just moments earlier, Edwards was walking in front of one of the plane’s engines while wearing an orange safety helmet before being “pulled by his legs and brought into the running engine”.

A co-pilot said “the plane shook violently then shut down immediately” after Edwards was sucked into the plane’s engine.

The flight from Dallas with 59 passengers and four crew members was operated by Envoy Air, an affiliate of American Airlines.

The NTSB had a safety meeting with ground crew just 10 minutes before the flight’s arrival, the report said

To make matters worse, an auxiliary power unit failed to function, according to the safety council.

In the end, the pilots decided to let both engines run for a period of two minutes to let the engines cool down as they waited for the plane to be connected to ground power.

Pictured: Courtney Edwards and family (provided by GoFundMe)

Meanwhile, the NTSB claimed a safety meeting with ground crew members was held just 10 minutes before the flight landed, followed by a second safety “group chat”. as soon as the plane arrives at the gate “to reiterate that the engines will still be running.”

The evaporator added that no one was allowed access to the plane until after the engines had stopped working and after the pilot had turned off the beacons.

An investigation into Edwards’ death is still ongoing.

Meanwhile, a GoFundMe for the Edwards family raised $104,000 out of a $25,000 goal.


News5s: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button